Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life, the oscars and BYUSA

Alright, I'm not very good at this blogging thing but I'm gonna try to get better. I've probably said that a million times but this time I mean it! It's not like many people read this thing. Yet.

Life has been pretty good for me these days. I had those fun car accident and lost luggage adventures over Christmas break but that's all been settled and is done with. I was able to get my pickup fixed and the Taco (nickname for the car) is back in action. It was about a month that I didn't have it and I'm so glad to have it back.

School has been going pretty well. I still suck at the testing center, that one A I got last semester was a fluke but it's alright. I'm not upset about it. The latest failure came this past week but it actually wasn't my fault. The test was incredibly difficult. No one got an A and I think the highest grade was a low B-. The class average was a 66% and I was right around that. The TA sent us all an email basically telling us she's an idiot and that the test had nothing to do with anything we learned. The entire class will get more points or have the opportunity to retake a test or something like that.

Valentine's day came and went without anything too exciting happening. I went over to Jason Barber's apartment with Dustin and Jake Lee. We had some pizza, watched the slam dunk contest and played some poker. The movie "Blank Check" was on TV. I hadn't seen that since I was a little kid. It was a pretty classic night. I take that back, Valentine's day was very exciting.

Last Sunday was the Academy Awards. I was a little upset that The Dark Knight didn't get nominated for very many, especially Best Director. At least Heath Ledger won best supporting actor. I enjoy watching the Oscars but one thing that I hate is when the winners get all political in their acceptance speeches. I don't really care what the topic or point is, I feel like they shouldn't bring up politics. To me, Oscar night is a night to celebrate the accomplishments of cinema from the past year. Not talk about your own personal opinion. Maybe that's just me though. Oh well. I also think Wall-E is the most overrated movie ever. I could go on about this.

BYUSA is in the middle of it's student body elections. I've decided to help my good friends Garrett and Nat. I know a lot of BYU students don't think too highly of BYUSA but I encourage everyone to study the initiatives and get out there and vote. And take a good look at Garrett and Nat's because I know they'll do an amazing job.

Well that's all from me. Hopefully I can get better at writing in this thing.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

I didn't know you had a blog. That's cool :) And I totally agree about The Dark Knight.